50 HOUR YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
This Yin Yoga teacher training workshop, led by Crawf Weir, is designed for students who have been practicing Yoga for at least one year and want to deepen their understanding of the practice. Prior experience in Yin Yoga is not required. You do not have to desire to become a Yoga teacher, but you are expected to have a passion for Yoga. Expect to learn much more than just Yin Yoga!
THE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- Knowledge of the Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga
- Understanding of the practical benefits of Yin Yoga: physically, energetically and mentally
- Learning the difference between Yin and Yang styles of Yoga
- Understanding Physiology & Anatomy – including the Limits to Movement and the importance of skeletal variation
- Understanding Energy including Prana, Qi (chi) & the Meridian system
- Working through the most common Yin Yoga asanas and modifications
- Exploring Buddhist philosophy and meditation practices
Crawf Weir has been teaching Yin Yoga for over 10 years. He has trained with both Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley, the two leading Yin yoga teachers in the world today. Both these teachers have very different styles: Sarah is more about Buddhist philosophy and meditation practices and Paul is more about functional yoga and how to adapt the physical body make the practice more safe and effective. Crawf brings these two styles of teaching yin yoga together in a way that is both practical and inspiring.